On 7/21/2010 12:16 PM, Nunzio Daveri wrote:

database is around 150GB with over 5,000 tables. To make things worse, if I
shutdown MySQL, top-c still says all the memory is still used? Is this a bug,
why would it say all the memory is used when I turn off MySQL. The weird thing
is that when I reboot it is fine and purring. When I start to create reports and

Are you sure it's MySQL using up all the memory? If you order top output by size you don't see any other process eating up memory? This is more of a system administration question than MySQL.

Any help, guidance or advise is much appreciated.

Nunzio