Hi!

a.sm...@ukgrid.net schrieb:
> According to this you must install OpenSSL then compile MySQL from
> source....
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/secure-basics.html

You cannot (in general) assume that some hint you find somewhere for
MySQL 5.0 still applies to MySQL 5.1.
Specifically if the source is the MySQL manual, there is absolutely no
reason to use the 5.0 manual when you are dealing with 5.1, there is a
5.1 manual available.

> Would be nice if someone on the list with prior experience would
> comment....

Discussing SSL: it is included with current versions of MySQL 5.1 on
Windows.
Sadly, 5.1.46 is a special case: When testing it, there was trouble on
the machines, so the SSL tests were not attempted.
Definitely, both 5.1.45 and 5.1.47 include SSL and passed the tests.

My hint to Neil:
Try to run the MySQL test suite on your machine, it includes SSL tests.
If these pass, your server (and client) does include SSL.

> Quoting Tompkins Neil <neil.tompk...@googlemail.com>:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I found this documentation.  However, I need more information on
>> setting up
>> SSL on Windows ?

I don't deal with Windows, so I can't help with this.

Regards,
Jörg

--
Joerg Bruehe,  MySQL Build Team,  joerg.bru...@sun.com