From: "Mark Phillips" <m...@phillipsmarketing.biz>
To: "Mysql List" <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2010 8:29:00 AM
Subject: Need Help Writing Simple Query

I have been away from sql for awhile, and can't seem to figure out how to
write a simple query for two tables.

Table 1 has many columns, two of which are hID and vID. Table 2 has two
columns, ID and name. The hID and vID in table 1 correspond to the IDs in
table 2. I want to make a query so I get all the columns from table 1, but
substitute the names from table 2 for the hID and vID values. For example,

Table 1:
col 1, col 2, hID, vID, col 3
A        B        1     2     C

Table 2:
ID, name
1    fred
2    sam

Query result:
col1, col 2, hName, vName, col 3
A       B        fred      sam       C

Thanks!

Mark

--
Best Regards,
Cuongmc.

--
Nguyen Manh Cuong
Phong Ky Thuat - Cong ty Vien Thong So - VTC