To answer both emails...

My first install is Puppet :)

1) I have many clients (schools with Macs/Linux) that could use this package. This is in the works - good call.

For the sake of DRP (Disaster Recovery Planning) I automate all of my installs on the 1% off-chance that my backups are partially fouled for some reason.

2) I used the .sql file that you recommended and wow - it's so much easier than expect.

Once I had the right key-words (mysql .sql script) Google returned the right pages:

4.5.1.4. Executing SQL Statements from a Text File
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/batch-commands.html

The problem I have now is variable substitution. But, that's another thread.

Thanks guys,

TT