Hi All, I was running slamdb against one of our QA boxes and noticed that the
innodb database is 190Gb in size BUT the worrying issue is that the indexes are
30GB in size!!!  When I hit this server hard, it tanks on memory but still
performs, slower of course ;-)  Any suggestions on what I should do?  I am
thinking of doing one of these:

1. Remove all queries, run for a few days, look at the slow query logs and then
find those queries that really need them and index those specificially for
performance.
2. Split the single server into two servers both with 16 gb and 2 quad core
cpu's. One master the other a slave.
3. Just add another 16gb (32GB total) and that should take care of the indexing
issue.

Anyone had this problem before???

Oh this is a single box, 100% mysql only and it talks to 3 front end iPlanet
web
servers that hit it with a few hundread queries per second.

Thanks...

Nunzio