and post output
you will see they dont match.

Claudio

On 8/1/2010 1:47 AM, Corey wrote:
On Saturday 31 July 2010 4:40:14 chaim rieger wrote:
Another thing I just noticed

In your first example you are using localhost, which probably means you are
connecting via network

The second option you don't define a host, which means you're prolly using
socket connection
Oh, whoops - my bad for not being consistent with the examples.

/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql -h localhost -u scripts
Your MySQL connection id is 32 to server version: 4.1.14-standard

mysql>  \q

... it also works if I supply the '-p' option, but just hit<enter>  at
the password prompt:

/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql -h localhost -u scripts -p
Enter password:<enter>
Your MySQL connection id is 33 to server version: 4.1.14-standard

mysql>

I'm completely baffled as to why I can _only_ login _without_ a
password... but only for that one user, 'scripts'.

Everything else works as expected.

Is there some other auth table, or a config file or something that
could cause such behavior.

(I also don't understand why this would suddenly start occurring -
seems suspicious)