Hey john,

Yes you can add it but safe to keep auto-extend at the end and monitor the
disk space as well.

"Now when i run the same show table status command, the comment field says:
InnoDB free: 6144 kB

Is that telling me that I only have 6MB of storage left even though I
increased the table space by 8GB?"

About the above - it is saying 6144 KB so it is 6.1 GB.

--
Thanks
Suresh Kuna