Hi there,

little problem. I have program (like phorums) and there is command
mark all posts as readed. On one board is about 4000 posts, and if is
new user and want mark all posts as readed - it's problem (big).

All is written in ANSI C (using C API functions). And here is main
problem: when i execute "marking" thread (most of mysql code run as
separately threads) and someone wants list this board (list thread)
nothing happens. After about 15 seconds program show results. And if
you type show command for two times program crashed. I'm not using
locking tables. And question: is possible that SELECT will wait on
previously or currently running INSERT and how is it multithread
programs, where some threads are using same table (to avoid error like
Out of synchronization, Query cannot be executed now, ....)

Thanx

---
 Dvořáček Michal                         mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

P.S. Sorry for my English, it's terrible i know, but i'm working on it
:)