Hi all, I just installed the no-install version of mysql 5.1.44 on our RHEL 5
box AFTER I yum removed the older 4.X version.  The question is how do I tell
RHEL to auto start and stop mysql when I have to reboot the server?  I know
that
if you use an rpm or a yum it kinda / sorta created a mysqld startup script in
/etc/init.d but what all do I have to have and how do I set it up please since
all I did was untar the file and then type in mysql_5/bin/mysqld_safe &?

I tried using the service command, but no luck there either.

Any help is much appreciated...

Nunzio