If you want C to always be A-B then it would, in my opinion, be a very bad idea to store C in the table. Instead you can just put C in your query.

SELECT `A`, `B`, `A` - `B` AS `C` FROM `table`

If that seems like a hassle, you could always create a view using that select.

Chris W

b...@qxhp.com wrote:
Hello,

For simplicity's sake, let's say I have three fields, A, B and C, all
of which are integers. I'd like the value of C to be equal to A less B
(A-B). Is there a way I can perform this calculation? I'm guessing it
would happen when I INSERT a row and specify the values for A and B.
Feel free to direct me to the fine manual I should have read.

Thank you.