Hello, I have been asked to "replay" the traffic load we have on one of our
5.1.4X servers against a new 5.5 test server we are getting ready to put into
production as a stand alone.  My question is that I have 6GB of mysqld.log BUT
how to I figure out how MUCH to play back at a given time and how fast / number
of clients etc...?  The log only tells me this is all the data that has come to
the production server but it doesn't tell me how fast, how many connections,
how
many users at a time, how many inserts, updates or delets per second etc...

How do I "replay" the log against the 5.5 server so as to "duplicate" real time
traffic and not just replay the logs?  Is there a tool or a shell script?  I
know there are built in "benchmarking" tools but I am trying to tell mgmt that
5.1.4x was lets say 60% percentage busy (cpu/mem/io) with traffic hitting it on
Monday, the SAME amount of traffic on 5.5 is only 48% busy.

Any help or advise is greatly appreciated please.

Thanks in advance.

Nunzio