The mysqld.log isn't in an executable format, but mk-query-digest can
understand it and convert it into a "slow query log" format.  Then you
can use mk-upgrade to validate that your queries produce the same
result.  Good for you for thinking to do this -- most people just
upgrade and then panic when something doesn't work right.

--
Baron Schwartz
Percona Inc <http://www.percona.com/>