Hi,

I need to encrypt a string like 'hello world', using a passkey.  But I also
need to be able to decrypt the encrypted phrase using the same passkey.  I
noticed in MySQL there are functions like
AES_ENCRYPT()<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/encryption-functions.html#function_aes-encrypt>

However, I need the encrypted phrase to be returned as a string, since it
will be passed to a URL as a parameter.  Does anyone have any suggestions on
how to overcome this issue, using MySQL.

I know that there are many components available out there, but I can't
install any third party components on the hosting server.

Cheers
Neil