On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 12:49 PM, Willy Mularto <sangpr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I got this result on InnoDB Buffer Pool Status:
> Free pages      1
> Dirty pages     2,040
> Pages containing data   31,359
> Pages to be flushed     457,083,205
> Busy pages      1,408
>
> Read requests   31,348,288,497
> Write requests  7,913,407,934
> Read misses     39,736,110
> Write waits     0
> Read misses in %        0.13 %
> Write waits in %        0.00 %
>
> I see there are millions of Read misses. What's that mean?

Nothing much, in and of itself. Divide by your uptime, and you'll get a
vaguely meaningful number. Keep track of the counter over time, and you may
see something actually useful.

> And how to tuning up my server to get faster, stable, and reliable? Many
> thanks for any response.

By understanding how it works, what it does, and what the different counters
and variables mean. There's no magic trick for it - start by investing time
in reading the documentation; play with test systems; and if you've got the
dough, get mysql-sanctioned training.

Nothing in life is free. If it doesn't cost money, maybe you have to spend
time.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn