Hi Sharl!

Sharl.Jimh.Tsin wrote:
> hi,everyone
>     i try to compile and install mysql from source tarball,but i failed
> again & again.
>
> this is my config string:
> [r...@powerpc mysql-5.5.6-rc]# ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql
> --exec-prefix=/usr/local --sysconfdir=/etc/sysconfig/mysql
> --localstatedir=/var --enable-profiling --disable-largefile
> --disable-ipv6 --with-unix-socket-path=/tmp/mysql.socket
> --with-mysqld-user=mysql --with-zlib-dir=bundled --without-docs
> --without-man --with-low-memory --with-system-type --with-machine-type >
> config-l.log
>
> the configure returns some warnings which i think can be simple ignored.
>
> /usr/bin/nm: old_atexit.o: no symbols
> /usr/bin/nm: udiv_qrnnd.o: no symbols
> /usr/bin/nm: mp_clz_tab.o: no symbols
> /usr/bin/nm: getopt_init.o: no symbols
> /usr/bin/nm: get_child_max.o: no symbols
> /usr/bin/nm: init-posix.o: no symbols
> /usr/bin/nm: lseek64.o: no symbols
> /usr/bin/nm: oldgetrlimit64.o: no symbols
> /usr/bin/nm: libc_multiple_threads.o: no symbols
> /usr/bin/nm: getutmpx.o: no symbols

I don't think you can ignore them. To me, it looks like you have a
severe inconsistency on your system: ".o" files should always contain
symbols in a format which "nm" understands.
I have never seen such a symptom before, so my speculations are that
either your ".o" files or your "nm" do not really match your platform.
Have you searched the internet for similar reports?

> /bin/rm: cannot remove 'libtoolT': No such file or directory

I have seen this one, AFAIK it is an indication that your "autotools"
installation is not really working. See these bug reports:
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=47411
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=50067

> then, make mysql with "make" command. and the ERROR appeared.

> mi_static.c:40: error: conflicting types for 'myisam_max_temp_length'
> ../../include/myisam.h:254: error: previous declaration of
> 'myisam_max_temp_length' was here
> make[2]: *** [mi_static.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory '/root/mysql-5.5.6-rc/storage/myisam'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory '/root/mysql-5.5.6-rc/storage'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> i really do not know what is wrong,want your help!!!

Have you searched our bugs database? Your error message is identical to
one I commented on Wednesday, see here:
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=56928

HTH,
Jörg

--
Joerg Bruehe,  MySQL Build Team,  joerg.bru...@oracle.com
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG,   Komturstrasse 18a,   D-12099 Berlin