Hi Steve

Your statement will allow you to SELECT from any table in the pet_calendar database. You need to add INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE etc to your GRANT statement. If you would like to have a super user, just GRANT ALL

Mike

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Marquez" <smarq...@marquez-design.com>
To: "MySQL List" <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2010 10:50 AM
Subject: GRANT issues

Greetings,

I am attempting to set up permissions on DB with the following code from the terminal on Mac OS 10.6

logged into mysql with a user that has access to the mysql database

GRANT SELECT ON pet_calendar.* TO username@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

I can get the user and password set up fine, but it does not grant any privileges. It is probably an easy fix that I am just missing, but I would appreciate your help.

Thanks,

--
Steve Marquez
Marquez Design