You obviously know best how your application will query your database, and
you may have already thought through your indexing strategy. If so, please
disregard my comments.

In my experience, it is not often you need separate indexes on most or all
the columns in a table (excepting very narrow tables, perhaps), so I would
think about how you anticipate the database might use each of these indexes.
Even though you may have multiple indexes available, most of the time a
database query optimizer will only choose one when deciding how to retrieve
data for a query.  So, if you have a column like first_name that is indexed,
your database engine may never use this index unless you have a query like
"select * from players_master where first_name = 'xyz'".  If a column is
part of your select list, but is not used as your WHERE clause expression or
as part of a table join, indexing that column may not be a benefit. Running
EXPLAIN will tell you whether or not the index you anticipate is actually
being used for your query.

-Travis