Tammie,

You might just try resetting the root password http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/resetting-permissions.html#resetting-permissions-windows.

Hope this helps,
Tyler

On 10/19/10 12:38 PM, Montgomery, Tammie wrote:
I had an old version of mySQL on my computer but never used it. I thought I
knew the root password but it wouldn't let me in. I went ahead and uninstalled
it thinking I would get a newer version anyway. I used the Windows interface to
uninstall the previous version. It appeared to be gone but when I installed the
new version, it asked me what the previous root password was and then give new
one. I left previous blank and gave it the new password. Now it has been
sitting at the screen in the configuration wizard for Apply security settings
for about 20 minutes. How should I recover from this?

Barracuda 400 vers 3.5.12 Checked - Virus Free