Hi ,

Am just trying alphabetical pagination ,

Yes there is lot of pager class there for this ,

but in my requirement little but diff , that is

totally 4 sets ,

A-D    E-H     I-P    Q-S (Assume there are pager links)

When user click the A-D , then it should show all the customer name starting
with A , B, C, D names should be pull out ,

For that i just used this REGEXP QUERY ,

[php]
SELECT * FROM tbl where Fname REGEXP '^[a]'

[/php]

This works fine, only rendering the starting with "a" Names ,

But if i add the or condition in that

[php]
SELECT * FROM tbl where Fname REGEXP '^[a|b|c|d]'
[/php]

This condition not working, the output for the above query , pullout the all
records starting wiht what ever,(A-z)

So What i want is,

if i hit A-D the it should pullout only matched character

example

Amir
Amboss
Aron
Basker
Banu
chithra
chan
dilli

but my out put should not like , because this not exact records for that
pager linke

Amir
Amboss
Aron
Basker
Banu
hanuman
chithra
gayathree
chan
dilli
vasanth
yakee

Even i tried somthing like these query ,

cFname  REGEXP '^[[:<:]]a.*|b.*[[:>:]]'
cFname  REGEXP '^[[:<:]]a.*|b.*'

If i add the OR condition in the REGEXP , then displaying unwanted records,

Also main thing , i want solution for case insensitive ,

Thanks

--
Regards
B.S.Bharanikumar