At 06:12 AM 10/24/2010, you wrote:
Regardless of that, it would be nice to know what the parameters are that
cause this slowdown - some people may be stuck with the default version -
companies with a support contract come to mind.

You didn't say whether the slowdown occurs when
1) adding new rows to the table, or
2) when querying the table with a Select statement.

If the problem is #1, then I suspect it is caused by having to maintain a larger and larger index as more rows are added to the table. It always takes longer to add a row to a table with 150 million rows than a table with 150 rows. If you drop all indexes to the table you'll probably find adding rows to a large table will be quite fast. The only way to increase performance is to maintain only the minimum # of indexes necessary.

If the problem is #2, you could try and optimize the Innodb table with an Optimize command (which really executes and Alter table behind the scenes for Innodb). I don't know if this will help much because Innodb will balance the btree better than MyISAM tables. However if you are deleting a lot of rows from the table, then you can run Optimize to remove the deleted rows. Optimizing an Innodb table can take quite a while because it needs to rebuild the table. You can also try "myisamchk --analyze" to gather statistics on the index.

Mike

On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 10:46 AM, Krishna Chandra Prajapati <
prajapat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Willy,
>
> Try percona server. It gives better performance than mysql.
>
> Krishna
>
> On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 3:37 AM, Willy Mularto <sangpr...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Dear List,
> > I have MySQL 5.14 installed on Dell R710 32GB RAM 600GB SAS HDD with
> Ubuntu
> > 10.04 64 Bit. I deploy InnoDB as my default engine. The server is a high
> > load server. On a fresh install and empty table it can insert around 5
> > millions new records per day average. But when the table getting fat the
> > performance starting to drop around 5% per day. It forces me to re create
> an
> > empty table each month. So how to keep my server has a stable
> performance?
> > Many thanks for the tips.
> >

> > sangprabv
> > sangpr...@gmail.com