I need to migrate about a dozen tables from ORACLE 10g to MySQL 5. I
have manually migrated the schema to MySQL. I am able to write SQL*PLUS
queries to extract ORACLE data into insert statements (including date
conversions to MySQL format etc) that I can run against the MySQL
database. The CLOB fields are tripping me because of single quotes,
double quotes and carriage returns in the data.

I can possibly change all single quotes to two single quotes and double
quotes to two double quotes and MySQL will be happy ingesting that data
into TEXT fields.
The carriage returns are breaking the lines when the SQL*PLUS data is
spooled into a flat file.

How can I deal with quotes and carriage returns in CLOB data?

Thanks,
Rajesh