On Fri, December 3, 2010 14:11, Basil Daoust wrote:
> Any help
greatly appreciated.

> Our mysql is restarting a
LOT!
> Here is what is in the log, it doesn't seem to give much
help.

> --start of log--
> InnoDB: Warning: a
long semaphore wait:
> 101203 15:12:40 - mysqld got signal 11;
> This could be because you hit a bug. It is also possible that this
binary
> or one of the libraries it was linked against is corrupt,
improperly
> built,
> or misconfigured. This error can
also be caused by malfunctioning
> hardware.
> We will try
our best to scrape up some info that will hopefully help

diagnose
> the problem, but since we have already crashed,
something is definitely
> wrong
> and this may fail.
>
> key_buffer_size=1073741824

read_buffer_size=16773120
> max_used_connections=601

max_connections=600
> threads_connected=27
> It is
possible that mysqld could use up to
> key_buffer_size +
(read_buffer_size + sort_buffer_size)*max_connections =
> 20706971
> bytes of memory
> Hope that's ok; if not, decrease
some variables in the equation.

> thd=(nil)

Attempting backtrace. You can use the following information to find out
> where mysqld died. If you see no messages after this, something
went
> terribly wrong...
> frame pointer is NULL, did you
compile with

The manual page at http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Crashing.html contains
> information that should help you find out what is causing the
crash.
> --end of log--
>
> So before you ask if
we have 20G of memory we are running this on amazons
> :

High-Memory Quadruple Extra Large Instance 68.4 GB of memory, 26 EC2
> Compute Units (8 virtual cores with 3.25 EC2 Compute Units each),
1690 GB
> of local instance storage, 64-bit platform
>
> We are using Fedora Core 8, with MySQL 5.0.45.
> these
mysql packages are installed.
> mysql.x86_64

>   5.0.45-6.fc8

> installed
> mysql-libs.x86_64

>   5.0.45-6.fc8

> installed
> mysql-server.x86_64

>   5.0.45-6.fc8

installed

> It seems odd to me that we get a InnoDB
error when this server doesn't
> have a single InnoDB table.
> I also did notice the max_used_connections but from the last 20 or
so
> restarts only 2 hit 601, others where as low as approx
150.

> I'm hopeful that someone has a idea or two.
> Basil
You might check your my.cnf file to see if InnoDB engine
is enabled.

SOURCE IP FROM HEADER:
*Please block this
account's access to the     *
*internet until its cleaned up.  We are
basing *
*this on an analysis of the header NOT the FROM*
*address.                                      *
------
William R. Mussatto
Systems Engineer
http://www.csz.com