That's a very Debian-specific issue. The credentials for the
debian-sys-maint user are randomly generated at install, and stored in
/etc/mysql/debian.cnf. Either copy the file from the old to the new machine,
or update the user's password on the new machine to the one in the file.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn