[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Without explicitly creating foreign keys, what is the most common method to
> create a truly relational database that enforces referential integrity?
>
> Any responses to this question are greatly appreciated!
>
> Sincerely,
>
> N. Silverwise

Referential Integrity is a two-edged sword. If you aren't careful you can rip the guts
out of your db with interlaced cascading deletes. You generally need pin-point control
in a complex relation. I prefer the finer control I have doing it in code.

If you are looking for a completely compliant RDBMS then you shall be looking for some
years yet, as ALL of the offerings out there depart to some degree or another based on
the design decisions of the developers.

danh