HI All

        I am hoping that someone with more experience than me can assist
here.

        I am trying to find out how to write a database procedure within
MySQL, however I have never worked with procedures in my life and the
resources I found on the net thus far seems greek to me...

            What we are trying to achieve is the following:

                    There are currently 2 specific tables which contains
archived data which are being deleted manually each day.

                      We would like to put the delete of the data within
a procedure and then have an automated process to execute the procedure.

                        What we are using currently is the following:

                                1. xxxx = select max(id) from table_1
where utc < "Date";
                                2. delete from table_2 where id < xxxx;
                                3. delete from table_1 where id < xxxx;

                            basically we currently delete everything
older than the start of yesterday but this might be changin at some
point to be done hourly as the system grows.

                        Does anybody have a good resource which explains
exactly how I would be able to create this procedure or can otherwise
assist or guide me?

                        I would really appreciate the help as I would
love to learn how to write procedures.

Regards
Machiel