On 14.12.2010 20:36 CE(S)T, Alejandro Bednarik wrote:
> Are you using ubuntu deb's or mysql bin? Do you get that message when
> the service start?  Look init script to see what it does.

I get the message when MySQL is started. I've installed the Ubuntu
standard package mysql-server-5.1. It has already asked for a root
password during package configuration and I did enter some password there.

I just tried to grep my whole filesystem for parts of this message but
either grep failed "allocating memory" (there's plenty left!) or it
didn't find the text in a file I could start something with. So I still
don't know where the message comes from!

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <nospam.l...@unclassified.de>