The response of table_cahe's new values is not imedite. MySQL cache
engine will putting new objects in cache on demand intead of to replace
them. Configure new table_cahe value at my.cnf or your configuration file,
restart mysqld e going on monitoring. Let time pass and see what happen.
Best regards.
--
Wagner Bianchi