Dear all,

I am able to install Mysql-5.1.4 o a Linux Machine without any error. All is working fine.

But I am searching a file my.cnf which is most important and is used in mysql but cannot able to find it.

I install mysql by yum install mysql-server and yum install mysql-client commands.

I find only a folder in /var/lib/ i.e mysql folder that contains ibdata and database folder plus .sock and .err file.

After some research i find default path of my.cnf is /etc/my.cnf, /etc/mysql/my.cnf, /var/lib/mysql/my.cnf. But couldn,t locate it as it is needed for changing data dirs.

Please help.

Thanks

Adarsh Sharma