HI All

     Thank you for the responses.

        I have been going through the documentation the whole of today
thus far and it seems to be easy enough.

        I am still however confused on how to achieve the following
though , and this might be due to a lack of experience or I might just
not be thinking straight...

                        - From what I can tell the scheduled event is
created and contains the "body" of what needs to be run at the
times,etc... specified.
                        - The command I need to run though will be
somthing like this:

                                          -->   call <procedure>
(<yesterday's date at 00:00:00>)
                        - The purpose of the procedure is to delete all
records from specific tables older than (<) the specified date.

        The procedure is already working and if I run it manually
entering the date it works 100%.

        However, I need to schedule an event to run each day @ 02h00 for
instance which will then call the procedure as per above.

            My problem (which I had with the bash script as well) is to
get the full correct date (<yesterday's date at 00:00:00>) passed to the
"call procedure()" statement.

         Can anybody give me some ideas as I have tried so many options
and yet none of them has worked as yet.

Regards
Machiel