Hi Ryan. That's a common issue for reporting. This post might have you
an idea where to generate those inexistent dates (time slots), just
forget about the specific aggregates and partitioning done in there:

http://gpshumano.blogs.dri.pt/2009/09/28/finding-for-each-time-interval-how-many-records-are-ocurring-during-that-interval/

--
Nuno Tavares
DRI, Consultoria Informática