sounds like vista/win7 and UAC what has nothing to do with mysql
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc709691%28WS.10%29.aspx

no idea, not using windows-crap since 2006 with the exception of
Server 2008 R2 for our VMware-vCenter-Server, and yes on this
machine you can not open many folders as "administrator"

get a real operating system :-)