Hi,

Currently we are trying to load Unicode data encoded in UTF-8 to mySQL but the
data is getting corrupted during load. Loading is done through Informatica (ETL
Tool) and data is properly extracted and interpreted by Informatica but still
it is failing to load it in the correct format. When we are trying to insert
the same data manually it is successful i.e. data is getting loaded to mySQL
successfully. Also when loading is done to a flat file or Oracle then also

Given below are the details:

Server:  MySQL
Version: 5.1.51-enterprise-gpl-pro-log

mysql> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'character_set%';

+--------------------------+----------------------------+
Variable_name            | Value                      |
+--------------------------+----------------------------+
| character_set_client     | utf8
| character_set_connection | utf8
| character_set_database   | utf8
| character_set_filesystem   | binary
| character_set_results    | utf8
| character_set_server     | utf8
| character_set_system     | utf8
| character_sets_dir     | /usr/share/mysql/charsets/
+--------------------------+----------------------------+

Mysql> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'collation%';

+----------------------+-------------------+
| Variable_name        | Value             |
+----------------------+-------------------+
| collation_connection | utf8_unicode_ci
| collation_database   | utf8_unicode_ci
| collation_server     | utf8_unicode_ci
+----------------------+-------------------+

Table details:

Column Data type: TEXT
Collation: utf8 - utf8_unicode_ci
Engine: InnoDB
Column Collation: Table Default

ODBC DRIVER: 6.0

Please suggest based on the above settings what we can do to load Unicode data.

Best Regards
Swagat

proprietary, or otherwise private information.  If you have received it in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.  Any other
use of the email by you is prohibited.