On Mon, 2011-01-31 at 10:52 +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:

> You need mysql-5.1 compat-libs package
> or rebuild applications against 5.5
>
> for feddora/rhel type "compat-mysql51" in google
> there are packages from remi since he builds 5.5
>
> this is nothing new and was the same with 5.1
> while applications was linked against 5.0

HUH? These are all source builds,  I did not have this problem
previously, I don't use package maintainers versions.
I have source builds of mysql, postfix, dovecot, apache, php, bind -
pretty much all the common main daemons, i don't trust distro butchers ,
err, i mean maintainers, for these critical apps.

thanks anyway.