In the last episode (Jun 15), Heikki Tuuri said:
> Sven,
>
> line 637 in mysql/innobase/os/os0file.c asserts that
>
> TRUE == os_file_flush(file)
>
> If you look at about line 557, you see how InnoDB does
> the file flush: the default is to call fdatasync.
>
> To solve the problem we should look at the NFS manuals about what
> Unix functions are available in it. Maybe there is some special
> NFS_fsync?

When fsync() is called on an NFS filehandle, the system flushes any
dirty buffers on the client, and if over an NFSv3 mount, commits the
writes.

Sven: did you get any "nfs server timeout" messages in /var/log/messages?

Heikki: how hard would it be to send the errno back to the client if
filesystem calls fail?  On regular MYISAM tables, the user sees an
error message (or something gets dumped to the error log) and the
server doesn't assert().

--
        Dan Nelson
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]