> Interesting that you can request advice from finland vs
> calling from redwood shores CA for technical advice
>
> first take a look at:
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/secure-basics.html
>
> once you've determined the algorithm you will want to implement
> take a look at SSL 1,2,3 and TLS 1.0,1.1,1.2 and determine which
> protocol works best for you
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transport_Layer_Security
>
> feel free to ping me offline for implementation details

In my original post, I stated that I had SSL connections up and running on all
but this one client.  I'm intimately familiar with the inner workings of SSL
and TLS, and I'm positive that the servers are configured correctly, and that
in general my clients are all able to connect using SSL.  It's just this one
client that is failing, and absent any useful debugging information, I'm having
a hard time understanding why.

As to why I didn't call Redwood Shores: I didn't realize that Oracle was in the
business of giving out free tech support.  I just e-mailed the mySQL general
support list, which is usually what I do when I need help from an Open Source
software group.  :)

Tim Gustafson
Baskin School of Engineering
UC Santa Cruz