This must be a newbie question!

I'm not sure if this is either PHP / MySQL / Apache problem, so any help is
appreciated. I have a XAMPP setup in my PC.

Shortly, I have a two seperate codes as the following,
Code_A.php - looping code. this may take several minutes
Code_B.php - a quick simple echo page from mysql database

I want to open Code_B.php no matter Code_A is being processed or not.
However, when I try to open Code_B while Code_A is being running
Code_B won't open until Code_A will finish.

I thought maybe my server is too busy processing Code_A, so I added the
following to Code_A.php (looping code)
sleep (rand(1,3)); - expecting Code_B will open while Code_A rests for secs.

MySQL tables are all innoDB, so I think in theory Code_B should open at some
point even though Code_A is being looped. But it doesn't!!

Where should I start? (MySQL Priorities? Apache setup? or else?)

Thanks in advance.