----- Original Message -----

> From: "Adarsh Sharma" <adarsh.sha...@orkash.com>

> Johan De Meersman wrote:
> A Heartiest Thanks from my heart for explaining all these things in a
> fantastic manner. I agreed with your suggestions but one thing which
> isn't explained from your side , as you go deeper in RAID point.

> Q:- What is your recommendations for number of ibdata files , would
> it be
> Make sure the disk /hdd2-1/innodb_data1 is big enough and it doesn't
> affect performance.
Roughly, yes - file-per-table is only useful if you need to be able to reclaim
the space for non-InnoDB data; and I don't think InnoDB stripes across
datafiles, so just use one large file on one RAID partition. Saves on file
descriptors, saves on header space.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn