Hello Matthew,

MR> Try this: update your ports, then build the mysql port with
MR> "WITH_LINUXTHREADS=1". This should result in a FreeBSD native binary
MR> linked against linuxthreads instead of libc_r, so it should use multiple
MR> processors.

Hm.. I have dual PIII platform with FreeBSD 4.3-R
And want to mysqld have worked on both cpu's.

I recompile mysql-server port with WITH_LINUXTHREADS=1, and notice every
thread in its own process. All was fine...
But next morning I've noticed all PHP applications using MySQL
roaming some about 'too many connections'

mysqladmin processlist shown a great number of working threads with
great live time.

Starting the 'top' I've noticed that all mysqld processes was swapped
out from memory !!! Nothing worked. >8-E

So, I've return to the latest binary... ;(

Is there any solve for this problem ?

* Мой адрес - не дом и не yлица, мой адрес [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
Best Regards
            Strange Alex