There absolutely is;

there is a configuration file belonging to MySQL named `my.cnf`. It can
exist in many places and there's a hierarchal order of precedense. The most
common of which is /etc/my.cnf.

Within this file you may specify the `datadir` option to identify location
you wish your data to reside. This is a static variable that can't be
altered whilst the server is in motion and there are things you may need to
do before considering changing this value. There is a wealth of
documentation on this configuration file that can be found at...

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/mysqld-option-tables.html

HTH

Andy