----- Original Message -----
> From: "Reindl Harald" <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
>
> so put the wgole mysqld and its data on a server in the network
> for this mysql was built and not for borking the dadadir somewhere
> else

Hmm. The way I interpret what he's saying, is that he wants multiple instances
accessing the same datafiles. If that's the case, Firdosh, don't - MySQL is not
made for concurrent access to the same datafiles. If multiple
people/applications need access to the same data, let them connect to the same
server. If that's not an option, you're going to have to look at replication.

I repeat, there is no setup possible where it is safe to have multiple
instances of mysqld access the same datafiles.

If you do, the first thing you'll notice is that one instance doesn't see the
other instance's update. The second thing you'll notice, is that your data
files will be FUBAR. Fucked Up Beyond Any Recognition. Not kidding, here.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn