Hi there,

I would like to create a table that optionally links to an other table.

The field company_id in the following table should be either Null or link to the table tblCompany (`id` ). How do I do that. The way I it now, I can not enter records where the field company_id is null.

Thanks
robert

drop table IF EXISTS tblAgentCompanyMapper;
CREATE  TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `energie_2`.`tblAgentCompanyMapper` (
  `siaid` INT COMMENT 'id assigned in the excelsheet by SIA' ,
`company_id` INT NULL DEFAULT NULL UNIQUE COMMENT 'id automatically used by energiecluster adresses' ,
  `name` VARCHAR(128) NOT NULL ,
  `url` VARCHAR(256) NULL ,
  INDEX `fk_tblAgentCompanyMapper_tblCompany1` (`company_id` ASC) ,
  PRIMARY KEY (`siaid`) ,
  CONSTRAINT `fk_tblAgentCompanyMapper_tblCompany1`
    FOREIGN KEY (`company_id` )
    REFERENCES `energie_2`.`tblCompany` (`id` )
    ON DELETE SET NULL
    ON UPDATE NO ACTION)
ENGINE = InnoDB
DEFAULT CHARACTER SET = utf8;