Hello,

I have a file that contains some SQL statements including CREATE TABLE, INSERT,
UPDATE and specially CREATE VIEW. This file is used to apply changes into the
database.

All databases & tables use the 'DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1
COLLATE=latin1_General_CS', so when creating views, the fields that exists in
the table I am querying will have the same collation. However, new fields
created by the SELECT do not use the collation I want: 'latin1_General_CS'.

The first line of this file is: SET NAMES latin1 COLLATE latin1_general_cs;

So, when running -> mysql -u myuser -p testdb < settings.sql

The views are created using the 'latin1_General_CS'.

However, when I try to do the same in the MySQL installed on our servers
(5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.5 and 5.0.32-Debian_7etch1), the views do not get created as
they were on my local computer. Some fields are created using
'latin1_swedish_ci',  some as 'latin1_bin', and others without any.

Is there any known issue with previous versions of the MySQL 5.0.x regarding
this?

Is there a way I can do this so all applicable fields on my view uses the
collation I want?

Thanks for any help!

Andre

--