Dear all,

Is it possible to take backups of a table or complete database without stopping the application that continuously inserts and select data from the tables.

For taking complete backup of a database I follow the below steps :-

1. First stop the application that insert & modifies tables.
2. Mysqldump command to backup the tables.
3. After complete backup , start the application.

I know Mysql-Replication helps a lot to solve this issue but I have not any extra server to configure it.

So , Can I solve this issue without Replication so that I don't need to stop my application & I must have consistent backups too.

Please note that size of databases may be more than 100GB

Thanks