Am 13.06.2011 18:45, schrieb Alex Gaynor:
> Unfortunately the decision to run 32-bit libs on 64-bit systems is outside
> of my control.  Given that it *should* work I'm more interested in
> diagnosing whether this is a bug of some sort in libmysqlclient or a bug in
> my code/build procedure.

You should starting here:
http://maketecheasier.com/run-32-bit-apps-in-64-bit-linux/2009/08/10

basicly you have to check that every lib you use is realy 32bit. Missing one is
asking for
trouble: random bugs, etc.

Basicly everything else like running linux in a LXC Container, a vitual machine
with qemu, or
simply buy a 32bit box is more maintainable than mixing 32 und 64 bit
application. They can run
perfectly until some random momentum.

re,
 wh