I have an application for which data is being written to many disks
simultaneously.  I would like to use a MySQL table space on each disk.
If one of the disks crashes it is tolerable to lose that data, however,
I must continue to write to the other disks.    My specific concerns are
around the redo/undo log.

It is my understanding that there is a separate undo log for each table
space and a single redo log for the CLUSTER of all of the table spaces.
Is that correct?

1.        What happens if a disk containing a table space ( but not the
redo log) crashes.  Will MySql continue writing to the other disks.
Will the redo log be corrupted at this point or would it continue to be
valid with the understanding that there is no more data being added for
the crashed disk. Could the redo log be used to restore the data on the
crashed disk to the point of the crash?

2.        What happens if the disk containing the signal redo log
crashes.  Does that halt the system until the disk is returned.  Is
there any way of allowing the system to run without a redo log in this
situation?  Is there any way to distribute the redo logs to the location
of the tablespaces?  If I were to put the redo log on a raid disk, I
assume that would allow the system to continue running in these
scenarios.  I would prefer a solution that does not add this cost to the
system.

Thanks for your help

Paul