> >PHP4> mysql_query("select * from user where username='myname' and passwd
=
> >password('mypass')");
>
> Define "doesn't work".  Fails to return rows?  PHP generates an error
>message?

Hi Paul,

Sorry bout that.  Yes it doesn't return any rows despite the fact that the
correct username and password are entered.

The user/pass was entered with the following query:

PHP4> $result = mysql_query("insert into user values ('$username',
password('$password'), '$email')");

> The statement is therefore equivalent to:
> select * from user where username='myname'

Oh.  I'm trying to implement authentication.  So I guess this is quite bad
:)

I'm still not sure why my original query (with passwd = ) isn't returning
any rows.  Is there something wrong with the syntax?

Regards,
- Will