[JS] Back when I was trying to fit as much code on a punch-card as possible,
the languages only supported short names, and the terminals ran at 10cps,
every keystroke was precious.

Now I routinely pay the price of extra keystrokes for readability: not just
with things such as column names, but with parentheses and the like as well.
Like you, I only use aliases when necessary.

If I want brain-teasers, I'll do a crossword puzzle.

But that's just me.

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz
Global Information Incorporated