On Fri, August 26, 2011 00:44, Johan De Meersman wrote:
> [...]
I would only add, while you are in there, add two disks and use MD to
create raid 1 and the put LVM on top of that.  With MD you can replace one
of the underlying drives with a larger one move that in and then replace
the other bring that in and increase the available space.  BTW: on modern
processors, I've found MD to be faster than Hardware Raid unless you go
real high end.  Plus you can put the disks on separate controllers.   Not
a trivial exercise, but you are not locked it.
------
William R. Mussatto
Systems Engineer
http://www.csz.com