Hi, None of the above. :) .This is just an academic research on a benchmark. I
just want to access my database with this function and return 4 Integer values.
I separated the numbers with comma to process on it later as an string and
split the result using string functions which did work. I was just wondering if
its possible with mysql to return a sequence of numbers or not. I think to
solve my problem among the ways mentioned before I will create a table with
Engine=Memory to speed up things. I don't think any other way is possible.
<<<<<<<<
The string takes less time than table (you have not shown your table code) only
because of the problem s size. If you had thousands of numbers the string at
first would be only slower, but with enough it would not work at all, because
you would reach MySQL s string-size limit.

A benchmark of repeatedly only 4 integers is not much of one.