mysql  Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.51a, for debian-linux-gnu (i486) using readline 5.2

Strange, strange problem.

Everything was fine yesterday morning, then all of a sudden any query over the
network takes a REALLY long time to return.  If I log in at the server console,
every query is snappy-fast.  There had been no changes to clients or server
when this happened.  All other networking services on the machine seem to be
fine.  Processors are between 0-3% utilization, disk is at 8% utilization.

Server runs apache as well. There are many php pages on this web server that
access the database, and display the results, all snappy-fast as usual.

I still use the old MySQL Administrator GUI on my windows box.  A simple
'select * from tablename'  that would return only three records takes just over
a minute to return (although it says '3 records returned in 0.0086 seconds' at
the bottom).  I have many ODBC clients accessing this server as well, they all
have slowness problems too.

I'm stumped.  What could possibly be causing this issue?

Thanks for any ideas!

Jim

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This message is directed to and is for the use of the
above-noted addressee only, and its contents may be legally privileged or
confidential.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any distribution, dissemination, or copy of this
message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error,
please delete it immediately and notify the sender.  This message is not
intended to be an electronic signature nor to constitute an agreement of any
kind under applicable law unless otherwise expressly indicated herein.